This pack includes:
- 17/64" HSS Jobber Drill Bit 135" Split Point Black Oxide
- In order to make extra holes in the female bracket, first we need a 17/64" Cobalt Jobber Drill Bit (or you can use even a 7/64 inch bit).
- This is the bit you need to pre-drill the hole for then tapping (thread) the hole with the #18 5/16 tap bit.
- If you are using set screws, you will need a 17/64 HSS Steel Drill Bit to drill the pilot holes for the set screws.
- 5/16" - 18 HSS Plug Taper Bit
- Once we have drilled the initial hole, we then need a tapping bit. We can use a Bottoming Tap, a Plug Tap or a Taper Tap.
- For our use, we prefer a Taper Tap Bit 5/16 Inch #18. These taps narrow a bit at the tip, therefore they can be inserted easier into the hole we drilled earlier.
- The 5/16" - 18 HSS Plug Taper Bit will create the threads needed for the hole.
We recommend 3/4" Set Screws to lock in your HOVR brackets
*Please note the packaging may not be as seen